The video http://techliterateteacher.blogspot.com/2009/06/networked-student.html talked about the networked student. It talked about the how this student does not have a textbook and his teacher does not lecture. Instead he gets his information from other students and professors online. There is no problem with this type of learning. He is just not paying his teacher to teach him but for her to set up objectives for him. The information he is learning is just coming from other people who are interested in the subject matter.
If his or her teacher is not as interested in this particular subject matter as his/her student I think this to be a good idea. This way no teacher can hold his or her student back. That is the problem with most teachers I think. Just because they have been teaching longer than some of their students have been alive does not mean they understand the subject better than their teacher. If a teacher does this they are just limiting the information the student can learn. That is the worse thing a teacher can do is hold back a student from learning.
Personally I think I could handle being teaching these students. I do think they would be challenging students. The reason is because they are constantly learning. To be able to keep up with them I would have to constantly learn also. I think that when a student challenges a teacher it makes class interesting. This is just one of the things that would make class exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment