Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A vision of students today

One of the facts that first caught my eye was that students were only online for three and half hours. I am personally on a lot more cause that is where I get all my information for studying. It also shocked me that one billion people make less than one dollar a day. That is about a fifth of the worlds current population. The only thing that makes this believable is so many people do not work and other in under developed countries are abused. Another fact that caught my eye was the average class size is one hundred and fifteen.

This just goes to show how large the demand for education has grown compared to the amount available. Eighteen percent of teachers know an average students name. Colleges have also gone to a more business approach to education. They try to get the most they can out of each teacher to make as much money as they can or at least it seems that way. One complaint I had with this video was some of the words in the beginning were so small. Overall though I would agree with what most of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ftechliterateteacher.blogspot.com%2F&feature=player_embedded said about today's classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Good start Deacon. Please make your reference to the website a weblink. Just edit your post and use the chain link icon to make it a weblink.

    ReplyDelete