These websites offer a vast amount of information on plagiarism. I did not realize that there were so many rules. When in doubt I usually just cited the work. This site not only explains the difference between getting ideas and cheating it also tells you how to avoid it. I also learned not only can it get you in trouble in school but it is also illegal. I found out that one guy even got arrested for plagiarism.
The site from the University of Indiana did a good job of explaining how to use quotes to avoid plagiarism. I also liked how the site from Purdue explained how to cite interviews. Overall though I think plagiarism is just trying to take a shortcut. Students I think tend to do it when they are cramped for time or just do not know what to say. Schools have taken a hard enough stand on it that makes most students avoid plagiarism. As long as schools retain their strict punishments I think student will avoid plagiarism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment