Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Technologically Illiterate Teacher

This guy is definitely not a fan of people who cannot use the latest teacher technology. I am not sure if he understands or not but last time I checked tenure is still in effect. As long as tenure is in effect no teacher will get fired because of their lack of technological skills. Again I feel like I am repeating myself when I say technology does not make a good classroom good teachers do. I also disagree with the statement "If a teacher today is not technologically literate - and is unwilling to make the effort to learn more - it's equivalent to a teacher 30 years ago who didn't know how to read and write." This to me is a little harsh because all exams back then were given on paper and not all exams today are given on the computer.

Also some students do not want to learn through technology. If a student at university does not want to learn technology why would the university force him to learn it. Is that not the goal of the university to provide a service that people want. On the other hand I think it is a good idea for all teachers to be technologically literate. If they are that is a big help because it allows them another tool to use to help students learn. As long as students learn it does not matter what rout you take.


No comments:

Post a Comment